CMLBF FAMILY SUPPORT GROUP GUIDELINES and Rules for Monthly Meetings
- We are a CML Buster’s FAMILY SUPPORT GROUP organized specifically for Chronic Myeloid Leukemia patients, their families, and caregivers, meeting virtually or in person every month.
- We are here as CML patients and caregivers to help those diagnosed with CML and help strengthen support networks.
- Our group’s goal is for warriors to benefit from the group through sharing personal CML experiences with each other which might help navigate other individual’s journeys and to offer hope.
- We do not provide nor intend to provide medical care, medical treatment, medical advice or psychotherapy.
- Our discussions are not a substitute for seeking medical advice or care from your own CML physician. Your most appropriate care and treatment should come from your personal CML physician.
- CMLBF support group meetings are guided by Patient Leaders/Facilitators, a CML oncology medical professional or certified social worker or a qualified Board of Director with extensive CML background, experience, and knowledge.
Set in place are Rules of Etiquette, Privacy and Code of Conduct, including but not limited, for your safety, privacy and protection for you and other participants from inappropriate behavior, our Patient Leaders and Facilitators who moderate all CMLBF Family Support Groups may and will at once remove anyone from a face to face or online family support group meetings at their trained judgment. Terms of removal include, but are not limited to, displays of disrespectful attitude, verbal abuse, use of inflammatory language, sexual, racial, or religious derogatory references or comments, foul language, obscenities, inappropriate or offensive colloquialisms during meetings or through direct contact with other participants and Group Patient Leaders, Facilitators or staff of CMLBF.